Cleo's Rock n' Pole




In 2013 Cleo The Hurricane released her first DVD Rockin Legs n' Abs (RLnA) which was a huge success! Pole Dancers (and non polers) around the world are getting more flexible by the day!        
          
In March 2013 Cleo released her latest DVD Cleo's Rock N Pole, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! And let me tell you I wasn't disappointed.                            The first thing I did after it arrived was sat in bed and watched the DVD from start to finish, at the time I was pretty sick and hitting play on my DVD remote was about as much exercise as I could manage, and I got exhausted just watching it!

This DVD differs from RLnA, while RLnA's is focused on strength and flexibility Rock N Pole, has four fun routines to learn as well as strength exercises and tutorials of the pole tricks featured in the routines.

So when I was finally feeling better and had some free time I decided to give the DVD a crack, and whoa, I had no idea what I was in for! I mean I've done classes with Cleo before so I'm used to her kicking my ass so I shouldn't have expected anything less.

The DVD starts with a 16 min warm up, from wrists to necks hips and legs it covers everything and is pretty much how long I usually warm up before I train by myself (because I usually get bored after about 15 mins and just want to play). After doing the warm up I felt pretty good, nice and hot without dripping in sweat. 
Warming up is one of my least fav things to do by myself, I usually forget to do things or get half way through and forget what I've already done, so for someone like me this is a great way to make sure you get a complete warm up.

After I did the warm up I skipped straight to Chapters 12 - 14 the Hardcore Strength Exercises. 

When I watched the DVD at home before I attempted it I saw these and thought to myself, yep, I got this, easy done.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

In the three Chapters Cleo takes you through a series of exercises like pull ups and side crunches etc and it is in a word brutal (okay I might be over exaggerating a little bit). I thought I was pretty strong and fit before I started it, but even though I did all three chapters I did have to stop multiple times and have a break to catch my breath and swear at Cleo but I did it, AND IT WAS AWESOME!

I felt really great afterwards, tired, but great and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for some great exercises to increase their strength and conditioning for pole. I've even written most of it down so that when I'm in the studio I can do the exercises by myself without having to drag my Laptop and the DVD into the studio with me.

Next up I picked one of the four routines to try and learn.

Each routine on the DVD starts with a Video of Cleo, Stacey and Angela doing the routine followed by a breakdown of the choreography.

I've been doing Pole Grooves classes at Bobbis for almost 7 years as well as dancing since I was little so I thought this was going to be a piece of cake. Again, I was wrong. Because I'm not used to doing Cleo's choreography the routine proved to be a good challenge for my brain and I really enjoyed it. I did get frustrated with myself a couple of times, trying to remember to mirror what Cleo and the girls were doing instead of doing everything the same as what they were doing, but after a while it got easier. I didn't get a chance to finish the routine in the time I had available but the part that I got through I really enjoyed. I love that there is repetition in the choreography which makes learning the routines easier, and for anyone that is looking to improve their dance and ability to remember choreography is really going to benefit from it.

All in all I had heaps of fun, and look forward to having some more spare time to learn all of the routines.

If you're going to try and learn the routines here is some tips that I found helped learning the choreography better.


  • Watch the routine in full first.
  • Learn the routine in sections, learn the first 16 counts in the breakdown, then rewind it and go through it again to make sure it sticks.
  • Before you move on to the next section rewind back to the Routine (the full video of Cleo doing the routine) and practice the section you've just learnt with Cleo doing it in front of you.
  • then move on to the next section.

Once you've gone through and learnt the routine try doing it with just the music, no Cleo and see how you go!

Mini Challenge
Another great thing to know is there is a group on Facebook that you can join to share you're progress, get tips and ask Cleo questions. She's very active in the group and is always happy to help Rockin Legs N' Abs Facebook Group there are so many inspirational stories on there for you to have a look at. As well as the occasional competition where you can win some awesome merch.

Also, if you're the kind of person who loves a Challenge Cleo has created Challenges for you to follow, including a Mini DVD challenge as well as a 30 day challenge and a 6 week challenge that incorporates both of her DVD's. Check out the pics below!





30 Day Challenge
6 Week Challenge



Being totally honest, there isn't much I can complain about with this DVD, apart from the fact that it's a DVD and I have to lug my Laptop with me if I want to do any of the routines at the studio, however, it's now available as a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD which you can get from Cleo's Website! Problem Solved!! (the only other problem for me being that I don't have enough time at the moment to fit it into my schedule! SCREW YOU DAY JOB!!)

So if you're looking for a way to improve your dancing from the comfort of your own home, then I recommend you get it! 

And if this hasn't convinced you watch the trailer below and see for yourself! 


Billie
xxx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, sometimes they're a blessing in disguise

Have you had a Polegasm today?

Get a Grip