Meet my new BFF!


If this picture is correct then I up until a few weeks ago I must have been the sexiest person on the planet. 

My MPD training is in full swing at the moment, I train at any opportunity I get for as long as my body will let me, sometimes this can be hours (if I'm lucky). For about 3 weeks straight if I didn't take some pain killers with Ibuprofen and a heat pack to bed I would wake up in the middle of the night in the most insane amount of pain.  


Whinging about it to a friend a couple of weeks ago, she suggested I try taking some magnesium tablets and offered to pick me up some. I thought I might as well give it go because I didn't want to be taking the pain killers every night for the next few months.


Another problem I've found to be getting worse recently is what I like to refer to as "forearm erections" during routines, I think it's a lactic acid build up in mainly my right arm (and occasionally my left as well) where my forearm gets so sore and hard that it gets to a point that I can't close my hand. After performing the advanced routine in our last week 8 my arm was so sore I had to get one of the teachers to massage it out (lucky for me she's actually studying massage at the moment) the pain was so bad I was biting into my opposite shoulder while she was doing it. I'm hoping the magnesium is going to help with this as well, but in the mean time I've taken to carrying around my spikey massage bally thingo so I can massage it on the go to help release some of the constant tension in my arm. So far it seems to be helping so fingers crossed it stays that way!

I've also stocked up on Epsom Salts so that on days that I train really hard I can have a long hot soak in the tub. Which is a great alternative seeing as though our spa at home is broken :(

If you've got any other great tips on how to keep the muscle pain away let me know!!

Billie

xxx 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, sometimes they're a blessing in disguise

Have you had a Polegasm today?

Get a Grip