What next?

Now that MPD Heats have been over for a couple of weeks it's time to figure out what I'm going to start working on next?

After the heats I've pretty much been eating non stop, it's taking it's toll though, I know I've put some of the weight I lost back on and I feel pretty gross all the time, I pretty much haven't stopped eating since I walked off stage! My Birthday being the Monday after MPD gave me the perfect excuse to indulge, I've had cupcakes and chocolate and McDonalds and Pizza, all those yummy things that I thought I'd missed while I was dieting and now they just seem to leave me feeling sick. I did however enjoy my first ever bowl of curried sausages and rice for the year the Tuesday after. Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love my mum's curried sausages so it great day when we had that for dinner, I practically inhaled it!!

I think my indulging has also affected my skin (not just the fact that I've had a massive break out on my face), I'm struggling to stick to the pole (could also have something to do with the weather). So this week I'm back to eating healthy again and I want to start going back to the gym more now that work is under control.

One of my friends just started the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation and has been kind enough to share a couple of the recipes with me! I'm going to have the Thai Beef salad for lunch today! It looks amazing!!

I think my biggest problem with eating well, is not planning. I'm lazy, so if the easy option is getting something I can buy in a package and just chuck in the oven is going to be the easiest option I'll do it. That is going to have to change. I'm going to have to start planning ahead what I'm going to eat for lunch and dinner. So that's what I've started doing, looking for easy low calorie high protein recipes, also ones that I know that I can make in bulk and freeze so I can have my lunch for the week sorted. A few nights a week I get home quiet late and because I have to get up so early for work organising my lunch for the next day very rarely happens so I need to get that organised.

I was supposed to be going back to the gym this week, I'm not sure that's going to happen, I woke up this morning at 2 am in absolute agony, I think some how in my sleep I have managed to twist a rib or pull a muscle in my chest, I can barely move or breathe right now (yes.. i'm sitting in bed, in the one comfortable position that I've found and writing this because I can't sleep) It's 5 am and I should be getting up for work in half an hour.. somehow i don't think that is going to happen seeing as just sitting and breathing is really painful.  Which also means I'll have to miss one of my favourite class tonight. Poo :( I'm hoping it's nothing to serious and I'll be okay tomorrow other wise it'll be off to the osteo to get him to have a look and see if he can figure out what I've done.

Another thing I have to decide on soon is if I'm going to enter Miss Pole again next year. When I decided to enter this year I had pretty much decided that I wouldn't enter next year and then do it again the year after. Mainly because of the money (I don't do things by halves, it's just not the way I operate) and the time involved, with a full time job it's very difficult to find time to train by yourself. But the more I think about it the more I want to do it next year, I know that if I don't enter next year I'll be sitting in the audience regretting the decision. Over the last two weeks I've gone back and forth with the decision, and I know what you're thinking, it's ages away, plenty of time to decide. Unfortunatley that's not the way I work, I like to plan, and if I'm going to do it I think I'm going to be better off deciding as soon as possible so that I can start planning and coming up with ideas etc so that I don't feel like I have to live as much at the studio as I did this year. Not that living at the studio is bad, trust me, if Bobbi would let me move into the studio I would! But missing out on family get togethers (because our family tends to do these on a Sunday) and with my Grandfather being quite ill this year I did feel guilty that I didn't get to spend as much time with my family as I would have liked, even though they were all so supportive and completely understood. I have an amazing family and we're very close so I do miss them when I don't get to see them as much as I can. 

So hopefully I can make a decision sometime this month. In the meantime though I'll just continue to train and work on the ideas for combos etc that I've had and start counting down to the MPD Finals in November!! I can't wait it looks like such a strong line up and I can't wait to see all the shows and see who takes out the title of Miss Pole Dance Australia 2013!!  Click HERE for the full list of finalists!

Billie
xxx

Comments

  1. Im in the same boat- struggling with weight and pole. I'm so grateful to pole because its a constant reminder that i can't let myself go TOO much.
    (Also, hope to see footage for your MPD routine. the outfit looks amazing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Weight is my big issue and while I've lost heaps already I'm still not happy!! back to the gym I go. i think it's important to not just do pole for exercise, so i go to the gym as well.

      I'll be putting up the video in November after the final!! I can't wait!! Hopefully everyone enjoys it though! I do get a little bit worried posting up videos on youtube.

      Billie
      xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have you had a Polegasm today?

Injuries, sometimes they're a blessing in disguise

Get a Grip