Haters gunna hate

So the other morning Cleo updated her status showing a comment that was left on the video of her winning routine from Miss Pole Dance Australia 2012/2013 on YouTube and it got me thinking about all the nasty comments that people write on photo's and videos on the internet. 


Cleo's Facebook Status
It's so easy to hide behind a computer and write exactly what you think about someone else's video or photo etc, and forget that the video is of an real person, with real feelings who will see the horrible things that you wrote. Though what was written on Cleo's video wasn't the worst comment I've heard about or seen on YouTube but still, this person didn't really need to make a comment about her " tacky underpants and face" (FYI they're called hotpants), they really could have just written the nice part about her flexibility and drive to be creative. Seems as though no one taught this person that if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all. People like this who feel the need to try and belittle someone on the internet (especially when it's about their looks etc) really piss me off.

Comment from YouTube
Lucky Cleo doesn't really take this to much to heart, but not everyone is as thick skinned as her. I know if someone wrote something like that on one of my videos I'd be upset about it. I remember uploading my first ever video on YouTube and feeling absolutely sick because I was so worried that someone would write a nasty comment on it. Lucky for me no one has. 


There are obviously setting options on YouTube so that you can make the video's private or you can even remove the option for people to be able to comment on your video, but where's the fun it that? How are people supposed to leave you comments saying how amazing you are?  haha :)


Anyway I could sit here and go on and on and on about this, I have so many thoughts running through my head, none of which, if I tried to write them down would make any sense (there would also be a lot of swearing involved). 


So I guess what I really want to say is, people, think before you hit that post button. Cyber bulling is not cool. And if someone does leave a nasty comment on something you've posted.. take comfort in the fact that they're probably just jealous.




Billie
xxx




Note: Thanks Cleo for letting me use the screen shots of your facebook status 



Comments

  1. I prefer the technical term overpants myself... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its something that you have to live with in the internet age. If you put something up in the public eye you have to be able to take the good with the bad. Just as most ppl will leave amazing supportive messages (which you want), its inevitable there will be some criticism. I personally choose to share my pole successes with only people that i know will 'get it'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Beanie, I used to have the same frame of mind. But after thinking about it more, should we really have to accept that "If you put something out there, then you have to accept that there is a chance that someone is going to say something horrible about you".
      It's like when someone says well "She went out there dressed in a short skirt so she should have expected that she was going to get sexually harassed" Not many people out there would tolerate that as an excuse.
      Everyone should be able to go out dressed the way want to without fear of being harassed. I think it should be the same for anything you put up on the internet.

      Not that I see it ever happening, but it would be nice to live in a world where it did.

      xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, sometimes they're a blessing in disguise

Have you had a Polegasm today?

Get a Grip