Osteopaths, a pole dancers best friend.

Before I started pole dancing I'd never even heard of Osteopathy, so when someone mentioned it in class one day I was totally confused and not wanting to feel stupid I didn't ask but went home and did the ever informative google search.


I've been having Osteo treatments on a regular basis for over 2.5 years now, I'm there at least once a month to get my shoulder checked out and my spine cracked, and as long as I pole, I'll be getting monthly "tune ups" as I like to call them.

We put our bodies through so much trying to get all these gravity defying moves, putting strain not just on our shoulders but our backs and ribs so I think, even if you're not injured it's good to go and see someone (whether or not its an osteopath is up to you) to give our bodies some well earned TLC. Our bodies put up with so much from us, it's only fair they get some kind of reward.

I'm not going to lie, I love my Osteo, in my opinion he's the best and I'm constantly telling the girls at the studio who are struggling with injuries to go and see him and everyone who I have sent to him have made a point to tell me how good he is. 

My Osteo

For those of you in Sydney that might be considering seeing an Osteo, I highly recommend you see mine, Peter Green, he has two clinics one in Pitt St in the City and another in Bondi. You can get all his information from his website --->  Peter Green Osteopath. His credentials are pretty awesome, no only is he my osteopath (haha) he has also worked as a consultant osteopath for the Sydney Dance Company, Bangarra Dance Theatre, Australian Choreographic Ensemble, Opera Australia and the Sydney Festival, so he has plenty of experience with Dancers bodies and their injuries. He also has a few pole dancer patients (i know this because i've either sent them to see him, or i've discovered along the way that some of my pole friends also see him..)

I didn't do much research before I booked my first session with Peter, I was really lucky. If you're thinking about making an appointment with one have a good look around, and ask around if any of your friends can recommend anyone.

At the end of the day, we only have one body and we really on it a lot, so take care of it, whether it be getting a massage, getting some physiotherapy or booking an appointment with an osteopath.

Billie
xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you had a Polegasm today?

Injuries, sometimes they're a blessing in disguise

Get a Grip