Burning Calories... like a BOSS!

So last week I bought another watch with a calorie counter (this is the third one). This one was a bit different, it came with a heart rate monitor that you wear on a strap. I gave it a whirl tonight to see if it would be any better than the last one I bought (which tried to tell me that I burnt 2 calories in an advanced class... yeah right).

So I wore the heart rate monitor strap thing (I know what you're thinking, I'm so up with the technological terms) under my crop top, I didn't really notice it to much apart from a couple of times in warm up when we were on our stomachs.

I honestly didn't think that I would burn to many calories, because of the stop start nature of the class the watch beeped at me a few times to tell me that I wasn't "In the Zone" i.e.. my heart rate had slowed down to much, however I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

Sorry it's a bit blurry, my hands were really shaky after class

The watch I bought is a Polar FT4, I got it off Ebay for about $80 (possibly a bit more I can't really remember).  It comes with the watch, heart rate monitor and instructions on how to set up the watch and how to use it when you're training. It's really really simple to use, so far I have no complaints. You don't even need to wear the watch on your wrist you can do it up on the straps of the top you're wearing, as long as it's close enough to the heart rate monitor to connect with it it's all good.

I'm going to use it again on Friday for Pole Grooves and Prep Advanced and see how the results differ.

Note: This is calculated using my height/weight and age, so not everyone is going to burn the same amount of calories as I did.

Billie

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, sometimes they're a blessing in disguise

Have you had a Polegasm today?

Get a Grip